Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/28: Here we are...

This is my 1000th post... Needless to say, I wish I didn't have to make it...The Braves are imploding... you know that... but it's reached the point of a lead fully evaporated, and one game for the season... Oh, and now that the meltdown has gone this far? A win isn't enough, as the Cardinals need to drop a game tonight against hapless Houston...

This is a crazy statement to make, but I still think the Braves are going...
  1. Tim Hudson is on the mound tonight for Atlanta... this and the fact that Philly is throwing a cavalcade of garbage makes me feel good about a win...
  2. Brett Myers.... I don't necessarily think he shuts down the Cardinals tonight, but he's been pitching very well of late, and he at least gives Houston a puncher's chance (despite opposing Chris Carpenter)...
  3. The Thursday pitching matchup... Beachy vs. Lohse? I feel okay about that... moreso because I don't trust Lohse than anything else...
All positivity aside, this has been an unmitigated disaster, and the Braves don't deserve a playoff appearance... but sneak in, and this is baseball... the Giants won the whole thing last year with 2 above-average hitters... Here we are...

No comments: