Saturday, March 22, 2008

Announcing...

So even though most people don't listen to announcers as intently as I do, when you have watched/listened to as many games as I have....you start be slightly critical...(laughter)....Craig Bolerjack and Bob Wenzel did the Duke game earlier and are now doing the Purdue/Xavier game...I'm gonna say I haven't heard announcing this bad on national television in quite some time (at least in this sport, football has its share)...There has been little-to-no expert insight, a general nose for pointing out the obvious, and at times, just annoying exclamatory remarks that have either not fit or been mistimed....I wasn't going to print this mini-rant, but my friends at "Awful Announcing" (see link at the right) are the experts on announcing (and are pretty much obsessed with it) and they seem to agree....as well as list direct quotes from the games today...As a rule...just stay out of the way...thank you

EDIT: Yay for Gus Johnson being with us until the final 4!

No comments: