Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Madness Update



Wanna know the key to the next 2 weeks in my opinion? See above...That, ladies and gentlemen, is a vintage "been there forever" guy Josh Shipp (I guess that's what happens when you start as a freshman and never really get any better)....The unquestioned X-factor to UCLA's chances to win this thing. He is supposed to be their best shooter since Michael Roll is out for the year, he's the veteran leader and presence to the team and.....he's playing terrible lately. That's really what it is, and since UCLA is the team I think is the best in the country when firing on all cylinders, I think Shipp is the key.

More stuff...
  • East Predictions- Wazzu hangs for all 40 against UNC...can't pull the trigger on the upset pick so I'll go UNC, but I fully expect Wazzu (who I'm rooting whole-heartedly for btw) to be in their grill throughout....I got Louisville beating Tennessee and UNC beating Louisville....

  • Midwest- The dream ends for Nova but they'll hang for a while...Kansas by 10...I think Wisconsin disposes of Davidson pretty easily...not a full-fledged blowout b/c that's not really their style, but never a real challenge....Kansas over Wisconsin in a close game but I think Wisconsin could easily win that game (I haven't heard anyone else say this)

  • South- Memphis I think gets by Michigan State who beat Pitt b/c Pitt couldn't make a jumpshot (paging Ronald Ramon...)...Michigan State will have to win with smoke and mirrors and I don't see it...Memphis by double-digits....Texas over Stanford in the game of the first 2 days, guards over bigs here and the Houston homecourt advantage is a factor....Texas over Memphis in the regional final b/c this is the first time Memphis has been matched up in the tourney with guard play and Texas can handle them athletically...that and I love DJ Augustin

  • West- UCLA disposes of W. Kentucky easily I'm sorry to say (as I'm driving the Hilltoppers bandwagon)...I'm thinking 20 point win here....Xavier/WV is the matchup I have absolutely no idea about...I'm going to go with Xavier's balance and I don't believe in West Virginia really....I've been fully ranting on Xavier getting a 3 seed (shouldn't have happened) but I still think they are good and experienced...and Drew Lavender is borderline unguardable at times

1 comment:

cityleaguehoops said...

Here's some great youtube footage of Drew Lavender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iZTJMEHS8A