Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NBA, Baseball in Japan? etc.

Just as an update, I'll post my picks for this weekend's games AS THEY STAND NOW probably wednesday....my bracket still includes 12 sweet 16 teams, so those are obviously who I am rooting for (with the exception of UNC, who I hope is utterly shut down by Wazzu)...moving on
  • Solid NBA night last nighted headlined by Philly winning in Boston and the Detroit OT victory over Phoenix....Philly is really surprising to me (and everyone) as they are quite hot, especially by East standards, and are taking down some quality opponents in the process (A ridiculous comeback last night too while down double-digits in the 4th)....They have a vet point guard, a "go-to" guy in Iguodala (not sold on this), a solid and athletic post in Dalembert and a collection of pu pu platter elsewhere...I don't really get it, but hey, it's working....Detroit decided to show up (a choice thing for them lately) last night in ending Phoenix's win streak...I'm taking a little of my juice back on Phoenix as at one point I thought they'd miss the playoffs...now I think it'll be Dallas...
  • More NBA: Lakers win a crazy one in Golden state....sidebar, Can I please get NBA-TV added to Charter Communications package? Thank you.....back to the task at hand, the Heat...won? Wow.....Oh yea, To update, Dirk is out "indefinitely"...danger for the Mavs as they are already falling with him...
  • This 49ers tampering scandal is funny to me....they didn't even get Lance Briggs? and they still lose a 5th rounder (and have to swap 3rd rounders) just for talking to him...makes me chuckle....Organization is in shambles...not like Oakland or Atlanta...but getting there
  • Okay, waited til the end....Why in God's heavenly name are the Red Sox and A's playing games in Japan a week before the season starts THAT COUNT in the standings....THEN having to come home and play exhibition games that don't count once they get back? Get outta here with this.....Boston steals one 6-5 this morning b/c Huston Street can't hold a save...

More later!

No comments: