Monday, March 17, 2008

The Madness Begins in Earnest....

Here we go...
  • First, I'll obviously let you know my entire bracket before thursday....it's just not done yet...glad we got that out of the way
  • UGA wins the SEC? I'm still laughing here....nice story after the tornadoes....but really? This is a pretty bad basketball team....The SEC has one legit elite 8 contender (Tennessee), a team that is excellent at home and so-so on the road (Vandy) and that's really it...Kentucky doesn't pose any sort of threat to me without Patrick Patterson and the rest of them...yawn.....Nonetheless, can't totally sneeze at the tourney run, congrats
  • Rick Barnes (coach of Texas) refuses to make an adjustment....This is becoming an epidemic from failing to get Kevin Durant the ball down the stretch in the NCAA's last year to letting Kansas spread them out and bomb 3's (shooting 60%) when the strength of the Texas defense is on the interior (especially considering Kansas doesn't have a go-to post scorer)....I love the roster...can't pick them to go deep here...
  • Only full-scale rant about the seedings....Xavier as a 3.....Apparently teams that aren't even like 30-2 or anything (they are 27-6) can lose in the A-10 semis and still get a 3 seed....Even if they had WON the A-10...I'd put them as a 4-5 seed....As it is here, I have them about a 6 when I ranked the teams top to bottom....inexcusable....At least the committee made up for it (slightly) by giving them UGA in the first round (better than an average 14 seed) but still...this is the biggest gap for seeding I can see (with Wazzu shortly after....not deserving of a 4).....and to make things worse...that's the worst sub-region in the whole tournament b/c Duke is so beatable due to style of play....tell me who's supposed to get out of the region with Purdue, Baylor, Xavier, WV, Arizona and Duke....don't know either? Good

Baseball preview starts later!!!

No comments: