Saturday, March 15, 2008

Conf. Tourney Updates

Well I'm down 2 conf. champ picks (Indiana goes down)....still have seen about a grand total of 10 minutes worth of games....Couple random things...
  • Looks like Clemson is playing its best ball of the year...Duke's gonna have to shoot the lights out to win....I'll go ahead and pick Clemson on the record...
  • Stanford/UCLA Pac-10 Final.....Hurray! Great matchup here...if you can catch it...please do
  • Pitt/Georgetown in another throwback Big East game (Finals no less)....this should be a very good one....I have to root for Georgetown since I'm in a picks battle with Ryan (who has Pitt who he shamelessly stole b/c I didn't know Levance Fields was playing lol)....
  • I got a text that said...word for word..."God hates SEC basketball" when the tornado hit the Georgia Dome last night.....I chuckled....Not a laughing matter b/c additional devastation could have easily been done but it's slightly fitting that the SEC of all conferences has this happen with the dreadful state of basketball in that conference....
  • Yes I'm mentioning the Atlantic 10....I'd actually watch the finals here....St. Joe's/Temple has a certain old school flair and St. Joe's is actually good...haven't seen Temple yet but Xavier was supposed to win here...so another spot up for grabs.....
  • To my Big 10....Michigan scores 34 freaking points in an entire game....laughable....2 big upsets in the late games with Purdue and Indiana going down (simultaneously ending mine and Ryan's picks back to back)....All that did was make the default final the Semi today between Mich. State and Wisconsin....I'll take the Badgers...as Bo Ryan's team slides under the radar yet again....They do what Washington State does...but better....That said, I fear that they will simply be unable to score in the tournament at some point and it doesn't help that Brian Butch gets 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes of every single meaningful game...he's gotta work on that....
Try to post later....crazy weekend...Enjoy

No comments: