Friday, March 28, 2008

Madness Recap and More...

Hurray for  my bracket....
  • UNC pounds Wazzu pretty convincingly...was wrong on this one (but right on the winner)...I thought Wazzu would hang and and they could have if Low and Weaver made shots b/c they managed to hold UNC to under 70 (a tall order) but just couldn't score....
  • Louisville beats Tennessee wire-to-wire...I was always wholly skeptical of Tennessee (had them losing to Butler, etc.) so this doesn't shock me....too much jump-shooting and I'm at a loss for words for anyone that thinks Chris Lofton is a great shooter ever or even a great player...there's no evidence to back it
  • Best game of the night went to Xavier/WV in a game I had literally no rooting interest in since this is the one game I had no one to back into my elite 8....I really like what Xavier brings with that straight-up balance across the board...and Drew Lavender has stones....
  • My UCLA Bruins (nat'l champs lol) took it to W. Kentucky for a half...then got complacent and let them back in it and put them away late...pretty ho-hum except for the foul trouble....the entire starting 3 some on the perimeter (Shipp, Westbrook, Collison) all had 4 fouls with 9 minutes to go in the 2nd half (with Collison fouling out at the 6 minute mark)....I don't know how that happens...
Onto tonight....
  • I think the Wisconsin/Davidson game will be pretty easy sailing for Wisconsin....they have the best matchup yet for Stephen Curry in Michael Flowers who has length and quickness to stay with him, and an overall team Defense that is even better than Georgetown's (and leads the country allowing 52.9 ppg)...The dream ends here for Davidson but it's been fun
  • Kansas/Nova could be interesting if Nova shoots the ball well b/c they have guard depth but there's just too much going for Kansas here....would it shock me if they laid a vintage Bill Self egg? nah....but I'll take them to cruise to the elite 8
  • Memphis/Mich. State is hard to handicap....so I won't....I really have absolutely no idea but Memphis better shoot free throws better than they have been....I think they take Drew Neitzel out of the game for what it's worth....
  • The game of the day is Texas/Stanford in Houston....I go blindly with guards and Texas has the clearly advantage here...add in the game being in Houston and that's enough for me to take Rick Barnes in the tournament (winces...)
Other sports....
  • Glenn Dorsey had a pro day...thought you should know....oh wait, I don't know who cares about this stuff....less Todd McShay please
  • NBA Stuff: Denver soundly beats Dallas to get even closer to bouncing Dallas from the playoffs and sneaking in themselves....GS keeps hold on the 8th spot with a win over Portland....oh yea, and Miami and Detroit played...yawn....I do get a kick out of Shaq calling out Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis BY NAME when dissing his old team...that's just crazy
  • Can't believe the Cowboys are upping a trade offer for a guy who can't even get on the field yet...oh yea, he hasn't played in over a year either...No idea what they could be giving up...but I hope it isn't alot
Enjoy the madness tonight!

No comments: