Sunday, December 4, 2011

12/4: Saturday Wrap, Sunday Preview

Greetings all... let's wrap up Saturday...
  • LSU 42, Georgia 10 - If you watched this game like I did, I thought it was clear that Georgia was in big trouble after squandering multiple opportunities early.... by all accounts, it should be 21-0, and at 10-0, UGA punted to the Honey Badger.. 10-7... From the kick of the 2nd half, it got ugly in a hurry, and LSU took control behind it's defense and special teams... good night... oh, and Mark Richt is STILL punting to Tyrann Mathieu... I don't get it...
  • Oklahoma State 44, Oklahoma 10 - Bit of a shocker here... the Pokes led 44-3 late, and were utterly dominant all night to the point where there is suddenly a groundswell that thinks they may climb to #2... the biggest shock on the field was OSU's Joseph Randle RUNNING for 150+ and 2 scores... I don't feel strongly either way between OSU and Bama (I think Bama is better, but OSU has the better resume), but what I fail to grasp are the SEC fans who think OSU "isn't deserving"... that's insane, biased discussion....
  • Clemson 38, Va Tech 10 - I have no earthly idea what to make of this... I was confident VT would win the game, and every 'expert' I saw/heard agreed with me... so, naturally Clemson lays the wood... when they're good, they're VERY good...
  • Southern Miss 49, Houston 28 - No one should be surprised that Houston lost to a good USM team, but the manner in which they were pounded is a bit of a shock... if they could punt the ball effectively, this would've been competitive though...
  • Wisconsin 42, Mich State 39 - The best team in the Big 10 won the Big 10... was a shame that the game ended on a running into the kicker penalty (but it had to be called there), but it was a wild/entertaining game... Montee Ball added 4 TDs to end the season with an absurd 38 total TDs and over 1700 rushing yards... if he doesn't, at least, get to New York, I have no idea what the criteria is...
  • Baylor 48, Texas 24 - I didn't see any of this... but Robert Griffin is a legit heisman candidate... 350 total yards, 4 TDs...
To Sunday...
  • Falcons @ Texans - 1:00 FOX - This should be an interesting case study... I would've been all over Houston in this game pre-Schaub injury, but now that they're down to TJ Yates, it's unclear... I actually think Yates was underrated in college, but thinking he'd be an effective NFL starter right now might be a reach... that said, Atlanta's secondary is decimated with injuries and will definitely be without Grimes... it's strength vs. strength with Houston's run O vs. Atlanta's Run D as well... Atlanta gets the win behind Matt Ryan, but it'll be competitive... Keep an eye on Michael Turner and Julio Jones... both may be out and that's a setback (obviously)...
  • Bengals @ Steelers - 1:00 CBS - Tough spot for the Bengals... I think they probably need to get a split with Pittsburgh and Baltimore to make the playoffs... good luck... I like Pitt at home here, especially without Leon Hall...
  • Packers @ Giants - 4:15 FOX - If you're a Falcons fan? You're rooting for the Pack.... and I like them in the game... the Giants are about as Jekyll/Hyde as it gets, so I can see them winning this game if they put it together, but it's unlikely...
  • Lions @ Saints - 8:20 NBC - Go... Saints?... That's the spot Falcons fans are in again here... except it's much more difficult to root for your sworn rival... the Lions are without Suh in this one, and that hurts, as well as the lack of a running game... Brees and company get this one behind 400-ish yards in the air...
  • Chargers @ Jags - Monday 8:30 ESPN - What an awful Monday Night game... I don't even know...
Enjoy...

No comments: