Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Weekend NFL Preview

Greetings everyone... let's quickly hit the NFL games of note for the weekend... Most of them are on Saturday...
  • Broncos @ Bills - 1:00 CBS - The Tebow traveling road show heads to Buffalo... the Bills have completely fallen off the wagon (sorry Bernie) and that's a defense that is in the bottom 5 against the run and the pass... yikes... I think Denver gets a solid, balanced offensive attack and wins by 7-10 points on the road here...
  • Cards @ Bengals - 1:00 FOX - If you had to bet your life (without looking) on the Cardinals record, what would you say? 5-9? 4-10?... Try 7-7 folks... I had to look it up myself... John Skelton is winning games somehow, and that's suddenly not a joke of a team... that being said, I think Cincy gets right here and stays alive in the playoff hunt behind Benson and company... One thing to note, AJ Green is banged up a bit, and they're going to need him...
  • Jags @ Titans - 1:00 CBS - I have to mention this because Tennessee is technically alive... but they aren't making the playoffs... and this is an awful game
  • Raiders @ Chiefs - 1:00 CBS - It's amazing that this game has playoff bearing, but the entire AFC West is alive and kicking... I actually think Orton and company hold serve at a suddenly rejuvenated Arrowhead... but that's mostly because Carson Palmer is brutal on the road...
  • Dolphins @ Pats - 1:00 CBS - Pats cruise... that is all...
  • Giants @ Jets - 1:00 FOX - The once-every-four-years "Battle of New York" commences... the hype machine is out of control for this one so I'll keep it short... I think the Jets are the better team, and I can see Eli throwing the ball to the wrong jersey a couple of times... one x-factor for the G-Men would be if they can actually establish the run, but I like the Jets...
  • Rams @ Steelers - 1:00 FOX - No breakdown of this game because St. Louis is awful.... but can anyone tell me why Pittsburgh is starting Charlie Batch instead of Dennis Dixon?... I'm lost...
  • Chargers @ Lions - 4:00 CBS - San Diego is playing for their life.... I don't trust either of these teams at all... but with a gun to my head, give me the team that needs it more, and that is San Diego.... eesh...
  • Eagles @ Cowboys - 4:00 FOX - Philly is alive in the NFC East if they win out (lol), but Dallas is just better... Jason Garrett vs. Andy Reid is worth the price of admission anyway, but I'll back Romo and company... begrudgingly...
  • 49ers @ Seahawks - 4:00 FOX - Beware of Qwest!... I'm taking Seattle... I don't care... Alex Smith is still Alex Smith, and Marshawn Lynch has spawned full-scale beast mode... but it's all about Qwest...
  • Bears @ Packers - Sunday 8:20 NBC - Christmas night is taken over by an old-school battle... NBC is outright furious that the Bears backfield is now Hanie and Barber instead of Cutler and Forte, and really? That's all you need to know... Packers...
  • Falcons @ Saints - Monday 8:30 ESPN - Always a barnburner when these 2 teams take the field... I don't see a legitimate justification for outright picking against the Saints in the SuperDome, but the Falcons will hang around as usual here, and I do think Matt Ryan can put up 24-27 points here... Gun to my head, I'd pick a 31-27 Saints win...
Enjoy it... and please click over to the NBA Previews!...

No comments: