Friday, December 16, 2011

Week 15 NFL Preview

Greetings.... figured I'd hit the games of consequence in the NFL...
  • Cowboys @ Bucs - 8:20 Saturday NFL Network - The first Saturday game of the year... Tampa Bay is flat-out wretched right now (they lost by 27 to the Jags... the same Jags you saw on Thursday, yes).... and Dallas is in must-win mode... I can't pick Tampa...
  • Seahawks @ Bears - 1:00 FOX - This one is sneaky good... Seattle is 6-7 but they're playing good football, and 9 wins likely means the playoffs in the NFC... as far as Chicago, they stand at 7-6, but have been hapless offensively since Cutler went out (and worse without Forte)... loser goes home for the season likely in this one... I kinda like the Seahawks but it is pretty difficult to back T-Jax on the road against an upper-echelon defense...
  • Packers @ Chiefs - 1:00 FOX - Not a great game by any means, but warrants the mention to see if GB can keep the undefeated season going... Kyle Orton is starting for KC, and the quote of the week goes to Romeo Crennel for dropping the "do you think Green Bay cares who our quarterback is? are they shaking in their boots?"... it was awesome...
  • Redskins @ Giants - 1:00 FOX - Must-win for the Giants at home... they're 7-6 with the tiebreaker over Dallas, but can't afford to drop this one to a bad Washington team...
  • Lions @ Raiders - 4:00 FOX - One of the better games of the day... Detroit somehow still is 8-5 and it good position for the wild card, but a win here would be huge for them... I like Oakland in the game though, as Palmer is so much better at home, and I just can't trust Detroit's one-dimensional offense
  • Pats @ Broncos - 4:00 CBS - Obviously this game is getting every headline... I'll avoid all that and stay on the field... I don't think Denver's D (as well as they're playing) can slow down Brady all that much, and the Pats defense is susceptible through the air, but Denver doesn't really have the attack to gouge them... I like New England comfortably...
  • Jets @ Eagles - 4:00 CBS - If Philly wins out and goes 8-8... they could make the playoffs... I have no idea...
  • Ravens @ Chargers - 8:20 NBC - Really nice game simply because of how competent SD has looked the last 2 weeks and their December track record... couple that with the fact that I don't trust Joe Flacco to even show up, and the Ravens playing down to competition? This should be a good one...
  • Steelers @ Niners - Monday 8:30 ESPN - Game of the week... I still don't trust the Niners because of Alex Smith, and they've shown weakness recently... I'm picking Pittsburgh despite Ben's injury, and I still do it with confidence... prove me wrong, Mr. Smith...

Enjoy...

No comments: