Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/12: Eerily Similar...

Greetings all... Lot of pressure to get a Braves-related post up... Not going too in-depth... but here we go today...

Leading with the ousting of the Braves... Eerily similar to the early 2000s in the way the Braves lost their 8th consecutive (0-8 overall even) elimination game at Turner Field, and lengthened their consecutive series loss streak to epic heights... we could debate all night and day about missed calls, Bobby's managerial decisions, and more... but the reality is the same... that sick feeling that causes someone like me to sit in their seat in Section 403 for an extra half hour because you're unable to move... that's what last night was... even amongst the knowledge (and rightfully so) that this wasn't a World Series team, or even a team that, as currently constructed, should win that NLDS... but that doesn't change the agonizing way that Games 3 and 4 ended... One positive? I was very happy to see Atlanta embrace Brooks Conrad with explosive applause before his fly-out late last night... Talk of next year makes me cringe... why is that the snap take for me? I don't want to discuss lineups, or even who the next manager will be... That's where I am... and I'll miss Bobby, if for no other reason than he's the only manager I've ever known... think about that... I've been a Braves fan since I was 5 years old... 1991... and unless you're a Utah Jazz fan, there's no similarity... it'll be different... but I don't want to talk (or hear) about it yet...

That's all I got for today...

No comments: