Friday, October 29, 2010

NFL Preview Week 8

QB Injuries... Falcons bye week... not exactly the most inspiring weekend of action for this guy... alas.. let's get to it... Winners in Bold!

  • Miami @ Cincy - 1:00 - Interesting game here... I think the Bengals are dead and bureid already in that division with Baltimore and Pitt, but Miami is playing for something still and they were within an eyelash of knocking off the Steelers... Ronnie and Ricky get going here, and Cincy's offense can't be trusted (still) with Palmer at the helm...
  • Green Bay @ NY Jets - 1:00 - Very nice matchup here... bad matchup for GB though... road spot against a team with enough DBs to match up with their weapons... the Jets will make Brandon Jackson beat them (and he won't)... unless Sanchez lays an egg, I like the Jets...
  • Washington @ Detroit - 1:00 - Upset special of the week... I like Detroit at home... they're feisty in that building, and Stafford is back... add in the bye week to rest and Washington playing that crazy game against Chicago? All adds up to me... (Ed: Detroit is favored... not an upset anymore, but I like them)
  • Denver vs. San Fran (In London) - 1:00 - What a flat-out dreadful game for the London matchup... Denver got flat-out embarrassed against Oakland last week, and San Fran lost to the hapless Panthers... By default, I'll take the team with the healthy (and better) QB in Orton... but who really cares?
  • Buffalo @ Kansas City - 1:00 - Buffalo played better in Week 7.. Fitzpatrick showed some flashes (400+ yards will do that) and their playmakers made plays... but I'm not sure if it translates, and KC is pretty decent, esp. at home... I think Jones and Charles run wild and that's enough...
  • Jacksonville @ Dallas - 1:00 - This basically comes down to whether you think Dallas has any pride left... I'll take Kitna... always been a fan of his, and he'll the be the best QB in this game (laughably)... Dallas should try and pound the rock a bit, esp. vs. that bad Jacksonville defense... MJD doesn't look right for Jacksonville, and he's all they got...
  • Carolina @ St. Louis - 1:00 - I think I'm all-in on St. Louis being decent lol... they had the game won (on the road) against Tampa last week, and Bradford continues to play well... and oh, I wouldn't pick Carolina against anyone (Buffalo included) on the road... seems easy...
  • Tennessee @ San Diego - 4:00 - Not your typical 5-2 team vs. 2-5 team matchup... this is an utter must-win for San Diego with the division suddenly looking semi-bleak with KC at 4-2 and favored to win this week... Tennessee coming off a physical battle with Philly last week and with SD in a must-win at home, I like them...
  • Seattle @ Oakland - 4:00 - That Oakland/Denver game was an aberration... at least that's the stance I'm taking... Seattle has impressed me, and I've always said they'd be competitive as long as Hasselbeck was upright... he is and they are... look for Lynch to go off in this one, and the Oakland offense to crash to Earth...
  • Minnesota @ New England - 4:00 - As of this writing, we don't know if Favre plays... it'd help them if he did, but they aren't beating the Pats in Foxboro regardless IMO... this could be the death blow to the Vikes, and while they need the game alot more (always a red flag), NE is in a season-long duel with the Jets, so it's not as though they'll be coasting... give me Brady at home vs. the hobbled Favre/Tarvaris combo...
  • Tampa Bay @ Arizona - 4:00 - This is a terrible game... comedy of the week award goes to Raheem Morris for stating his Bucs are the best team in the NFC... really Raheem? The best team you've beaten is Cincy.. and Cincy isn't good... I do kinda like Josh Freeman, but they're due for a road letdown and this is it... upset special with the Cards and my man Max Hall...
  • Pittsburgh @ New Orleans - 8:00 - Game of the week obviously... I default to the Saints at night... coming off a bad loss, that crowd will be jacked, and I think the Aaron Smith loss is a big one for the Steelers... there's no conviction in the pick for me, because I think Pitt is the best team in the league... but with the uncertainty that the Smith loss provides and the crowd, I'll go NO
  • Houston @ Indy - MNF 8:30 - Not a word about Indy this week... weird, huh? Well, Peyton Manning doesn't lose at night... Indy owns Houston (and owe them for the early season loss) and they're playing at home... off a bye week no less... the Dallas Clark loss hurts them from a matchup standpoint, but I don't think the drop-off from him in the slot to an actual receiver in the slot is THAT immense... it also helps them to get a healthy Garcon in there too... take the Colts...
THE PICKS! (17-21 Entering CFB)
  • St. Louis -3 over Carolina.. I'll bet against Carolina on the road any chance I get...
  • Seattle +1.5 over Oakland
  • Indy -5 over Houston
Done and done...

No comments: