Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/2: Braves Panic, Mets Make Changes, etc.

Short and sweet today...
  • Full-scale Braves panic over here... the only result that would've caused panic was a Braves trouncing and a Padres win... well, here we are.... Fortunately, Philly is trotting out a rookie SP today, and Hamels (scheduled to only go 4-5 innings) on Sunday... but even acknowledging that, the problem on Friday night was certainly not the starting pitching matchup... Beachy was very good, and Kendrick isn't a guy that scares you... Certainly, I'm a biased observer, and I'm getting as tight as the Braves are... but a win today is necessary... count me among those who would be a mess going to Sunday needing a win to even cause a playoff...
  • While we're here... the most random TV clash I can remember... I'm a Dish Network TV user... and out of nowhere, they've taken Fox Sports South and SportsSouth off the air in a dispute with FOX over pricing... Forcing me to use my MLB at-bat radio app to listen to the game in my home last night... great timing guys... thanks alot... especially when I actually pay extra for those local sports channels...
  • The Mets finally get rid of Minaya and Manuel... you know this was coming... the Mets have been a train wreck for 2 years... and that'll be an interesting search on both accounts... always enjoy seeing Mets turmoil
  • The Ryder Cup is getting tight... 5-3 US with Europe leading 2 matches at the time of this writing... I only have one thought... I hate Bubba Watson's swing... I don't want him doing anything except hitting his driver 400 yards... that's it...
What to watch for...
  • Braves/Phillies - 4:00 FOX - Hanson/Worley - I need "good" Tommy Hanson...
  • Cubs/Astros - 7:00 WGN - Zambrano/Happ - If you don't like football at all... and you'd rather watch meaningless baseball? It's on...
  • Ryder Cup - All Day NBC - Other than a major, this is the only golf event I'll sit down and make appointment TV viewing... it'll be on until the Michigan game starts...
  • College Football - See my CFB Preview post below for the full-slate... too many to list
Enjoy a busy Saturday...

No comments: